10001 Burleson Rd
Imagine a CX clinic where women from different teams join forces and empower others. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one…
Join us Saturday 8/24 for a cyclocross skills clinic for WTF (women/trans/femme) riders of any and all skill levels. It is appropriate for those new to cyclocross as well as those wanting to improve their intermediate or advanced skills.
Your instructors will be the friendliest, fastest, and most fun women from all the best teams in Texas cyclocross! We’ll cover the basics like tire pressures, cleats and tension, mounting and dismounting, barriers, cornering and sand. We will end the clinic with a Q&A and treat you to donuts and mimosas!
What is cyclocross? Cyclocross is a discipline of cycling that is growing quickly due to its inclusive atmosphere…no one is serious here! The race times are only 30-60 minute short courses, usually around 2-3 km. Add in fun factors like barriers, run-ups, dirt, loud spectators, prizes, hand-ups, and smiles and it’s no wonder everyone is ready to get cross!
The women’s fields in Cyclocross are growing and growing. It is a super fun sport with tons of camaraderie and YOU should to be a part of it! Join the party and see what it’s all about.
Schedule of Events:
* 7:45 – Unload bikes, sign waivers
* 8 – 8:10 Introductions and Break into Groups
* 8:10 – 8:30 Warmup Ride
* 8:30 – 9:00 Barriers/Mount/Dismount station
* 9:00 – 9:30 Starts station
* 9:30 – 10:00 Break or Free Practice
* 10:00 – 10:30 Off-camber/Shouldering station
* 10:30 – 11:00 Sand section
* 11 – 11:30 Putting It All Together
* 11:45 Q&A, donuts and mimosas!