The ride leaves at 7:30 AM, and riders should show up at 7:15 AM.
This ride is faster than our other rides and is meant to be a “go-to training ride.” We keep the pace high but de-emphasize surging; this is a training ride, not a road race. Average speed will be 18-20 mph. We leave the Lamar store and ride a route putting us at around 55-65 miles, to be back at the store around 11 AM. We may change the route last minute depending on conditions. It will be divided into an A/B ride. The A group will regroup at critical points, but it is absolutely a drop ride.
Feel like you’re getting faster but don’t know if you can keep up with the All Business Ride yet? Test the waters of the All Business ride and fall back into the B group if you feel yourself slipping. The route will be similar to the A group to encourage riders and let them see that the goal is attainable. The average speed of the B group is 15-17 mph for 40-45 miles. Keep riding and building your strength and eventually, you’ll be keeping pace with the A group! This is a “flexible no drop” ride, but we recommend having the ability to keep pace for the sake of the other riders.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Hydration (bottled or Camelback) is a must.
- Aero bars can be on your bike but cannot be used on group rides.
- Earbuds/headphones are not allowed on group rides.
- Please bring ID, cash
- Bring a maintenance kit for flats, etc.
- All persons under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a minor liability waiver on their behalf and be accompanied by their parent or guardian (on a bicycle) for the duration of the ride.