Bicycle Sport Shop is gathering food items for Central Texans that suffer from food insecurity. We’re collecting non-perishable, healthy food donations and transferring them to the Central Texas Food Bank by bike!
Drop off your donations at any Bicycle Sport Shop location, then join us Saturday, December 9 as we pack up all food that has been generously donated and deliver the haul by bike. We’ll ride to the Guadalupe shop where Central Texas Food Bank will be waiting to collect. Bring the kiddos, bring a friend, tell the neighbors–we’ll need all the help we can get to transfer the food. It’ll be a leisurely, social ride. Everyone is welcome!
Bring your non-perishable, healthy foods to any Bicycle Sport Shop location during operating hours by Thursday, December 7. Central Texas Food Bank asks that donations contain:
- healthy, non-perishable food
- items with intact, un-opened, consumer, or commercial packaging
- items with non-breakable packaging (no glass please)
- food within the expiration date on the packaging
Help us deliver food to those in need…by bike! The route is 14 miles total, 7 miles each way. Please come prepared to transfer canned and packaged food–bring your messenger bags, panniers, racks, baskets, trailers, big-pocketed jerseys, and a few helping hands from friends and family.
- Meet at Bicycle Sport Shop, Lamar at 9:15 AM to sign a waiver and get a wristband.
- Then we will load up on donated food items to transfer to the truck waiting for us at Guadalupe.
- Wheels down at 10 AM as we set off for the Guadalupe shop.
- This is a family-friendly social ride and we’ll go at a leisurely pace.
- Bring your bike, helmet, flat repair items (tube, tire lever, pump or CO2), water bottles, and gear to help deliver the donations.