Meet up with the team from the Bee Cave shop for a new monthly mountain bike ride! The first ride will be at the Hamilton Greenbelt in Lakeway. Please meet at 8:45 AM to sign a waiver and get ready to ride. Around 10:30, we will return to the trail head to grill out and have a beer under the tent. Please bring chairs if you would like to sit!
The ride will split into two groups. Those comfortable on a mountain bike will head out on the trail at 9 AM. Those looking to brush up on or gain some skills will hang back for a clinic then test those skills on the trail. Hamilton Greenbelt is mostly mellow single track. It has some technical spots that can be avoided if you choose to keep it easy-going.
Please RSVP for the clinic portion here so we plan accordingly.
This ride will repeat the first Sunday of every month.
Bicycle Sport Shop is gathering food items for Central Texans that suffer from food insecurity. We’re collecting non-perishable, healthy food donations and transferring them to the Central Texas Food Bank by bike!
Drop off your donations at any Bicycle Sport Shop location, then join us Saturday, December 9 as we pack up all food that has been generously donated and deliver the haul by bike. We’ll ride to the Guadalupe shop where Central Texas Food Bank will be waiting to collect. Bring the kiddos, bring a friend, tell the neighbors–we’ll need all the help we can get to transfer the food. It’ll be a leisurely, social ride. Everyone is welcome!
Bring your non-perishable, healthy foods to any Bicycle Sport Shop location during operating hours by Thursday, December 7. Central Texas Food Bank asks that donations contain:
- healthy, non-perishable food
- items with intact, un-opened, consumer, or commercial packaging
- items with non-breakable packaging (no glass please)
- food within the expiration date on the packaging
Help us deliver food to those in need…by bike! The route is 14 miles total, 7 miles each way. Please come prepared to transfer canned and packaged food–bring your messenger bags, panniers, racks, baskets, trailers, big-pocketed jerseys, and a few helping hands from friends and family.
- Meet at Bicycle Sport Shop, Lamar at 9:15 AM to sign a waiver and get a wristband.
- Then we will load up on donated food items to transfer to the truck waiting for us at Guadalupe.
- Wheels down at 10 AM as we set off for the Guadalupe shop.
- This is a family-friendly social ride and we’ll go at a leisurely pace.
- Bring your bike, helmet, flat repair items (tube, tire lever, pump or CO2), water bottles, and gear to help deliver the donations.